Isabella’s Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver Program is dedicated to assisting individuals who have suffered a traumatic brain injury to live as independently as possible in their own homes and within their communities.
The philosophy of the waiver supports the participant's right to choose the environment in which they live and which goals and activities to pursue.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is defined as a blow or jolt to the head or a penetrating head injury that disrupts the function of the brain. A TBI can result in short or long term problems with independent function.
Each year 1.9 million Americans experience a brain injury and 80,000 suffer from a long-term disability.
Our experienced care team will work with TBI survivors, their families and doctors to develop a comprehensive service plan that will provide the right kind of care and support. We provide:
- Service Coordination
- Home and Community Support Services
In order to be eligible for Isabella’s TBI Waiver Program the applicant must be:
- Diagnosed with TBI or a related condition: such as those caused by falls, accidents or disease
- Enrolled in the Medicaid Program
- Be age 18 – 64 at the time of application
- Eligible for nursing facility level of care
- Reside in Manhattan or the Bronx
To learn more about our TBI Waiver Program or to make a referral call (212) 342-9600 or click here to send us a message.